Monday 15 August 2011

My first MAC lipstick!


I recently visited my nearest MAC counter with the intent of making a long overdue purchase of my first ever MAC lipstick! I had a few shades in mind, which I'd picked up from other blogs I read. I swatched a few lippies on my hand, including creme cup, angel, and shy girl. After a few minutes a SA finally came to help, and recommended to me a lipstick I'd not heard of before...Sheen Supreme in the shade 'bare again'. She told me it was one of her favourites, and she had worn it on her wedding day. She felt it would compliment my natural lip colour which is quite rosy and pigmented.
Here it is;

It is a pinky nude colour, a true 'my lips but better' shade for me. The picture above doesn't actually do it justice. I did try to take a pic of it on as well but the quality was rubbish so I gave up! The formula is beautiful, really smooth and glossy, it looks almost like a gloss on the lips but without that stickiness, just very moisturising. The only negative I would say is that this does not last that well on the lips compared to other lipsticks I own, around 1-2 hours I would say, although it did stay put through one shower which was very surprising..

Overall, I was pleasantly surprised by this lipstick, as it isn't a shade I'd usually go for (I usually buy pinker shades) and it wasn't a formula I'd heard of before! I love the sleek black packaging also which I think I prefer to the standard MAC lipsticks. Sheen supreme is definitely something I'd urge you to consider next time you make a MAC lipstick purchase!


No comments:

Post a Comment