Thursday 1 September 2011

I heart PIE


What with it feeling bloomin' cold over the last few days, it feels like Autumn is well and truly on its way! I therefore felt the need for two things. Pie, and mashed potato! I decided on a steak and Ale pie, which I had never cooked before, and I entrusted the filling with my little slow cooker who took good care of it! Here are the results:


Do you like the wording on the top? Tres comical, no? I served it with buttery mash, potatoes and carrots. The recipe did 3 big portions and enough left over filling for 2 more portions the next day. Here is my mini version for lunch the following day:
It was really lovely and one of the best pies I've ever tasted, if I do say so myself! It was really easy to make, and perfect if you have a slow cooker, as you can just bung everything in and leave it for hours! The recipe for seriously steak and ale pie came from bbcgoodfood.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment