Thursday 6 October 2011

Barcelona Haul


The Haul! A selection from Kiko, Cargo, YSL and Benefit

So it wouldn't have been a proper holiday without buying some new stuff to bring back - which is what I did! Full reviews will follow, but for now just a little summary of my finds!
YSL Rouge Volupte in Lingerie Pink
My first purchase, at the airport! Isn't the packaging just to die for? It was more of a rushed purchase than I would have liked, but I think the lipstick is beautiful. As it is so soft the colour can go on a little thick and make me a little washed out, but it looks beautful after a quick blot. Think I paid about £18 for it at the airport.
Benefit They're Real! Mascara
I had a make over at benefit in  a branch of sephora while I was away, and came away with this. Really like it, it makes my lashes exceptionally long, only negative so far is it seems quite difficult to get completely off!
Cargo Shanghai Palette
I also bought this little palette in Sephora. The white shade makes a lovely highlight, and the darkest shade is beautiful, but I'm not completely sold on the nude and pink shades, as the colour pay off doesn't seem great and they are a tad chalky. When used together they do make a nice neutral eye look though.
Kiko purchases
Kiko is a brand I hadn't come into contact with before, but had heard lots about. It is an Italian brand, who I believe have just opened their first store at Westfield in London. They do an amazing range of make up, and best of all, it's dead cheap! I've lost the receipt now, but the eyeshadows were around 4 Euro each, the nail polish was 2.50 Euro, the eyeshadow brush (MAC 224 dupe anyone?!?) around 6 and the duo fibre brush around 12 Euro. Initial impressions are fantastic, the nail polish (with Barry M topcoat) lasted a whole week without a single chip! I'll do another post with the eyeshadow shades but they were all light neutral/highlight shades.
Flormar Pretty Lipstick shade P311
Last but not least I saw a Flormar shop in the shopping centre by our hotel and popped in for a look - I cam away with this lipstick which was only 2.50 Euro I think! 

I could quite easily have come back with so much more, had Easyjet hand luggage restricitions not stopped me!









No comments:

Post a Comment